Exotic Vet Care at Northern Liberties Heart + Paw
Play, Care, Style
Monday 8am – 6pm
Tuesday 8am – 6pm
Wednesday 8am – 6pm
Thursday 8am – 6pm
Friday 8am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 4pm
We Treat Exotic Pets
Northern Liberties Heart + Paw happily welcomes a wide variety of exotic pets as patients, because their health needs are just as important as any other pet’s. Our animal hospital offers a friendly, low-stress environment for pets and humans alike, with a full spectrum of services to keep your animal companion happy and healthy for as many years as possible.
Exotic Species We Can Treat
Some of the exotic pets we can treat at our hospital include:
- Hamsters, rats, and other pocket pets
- Ferrets, rabbits, and guinea pigs
- Turtles and lizards
- Frogs and toads
- Chickens (treated on a case-by-case basis)
- Sugar gliders
- Tortoises (treated on a case-by-case basis)
Our Exotic Pet Care Services
Here at Heart + Paw, our vets are able to provide the following services for exotic pets:
- Annual wellness exams and follow-ups
- Guidance regarding nutrition, housing, handling, and grooming
- Blood work to evaluate your pet’s health and screen for illness
- X-rays (as needed)
- Treatment for acute and chronic illnesses
- Surgery (performed on a case-by-case basis)
What If My Exotic Pet Needs Specialized Care?
If your exotic pet is having a medical emergency, we recommend that you contact your nearest emergency vet for assistance so they can treat your pet right away.
If your pet has a complex medical condition, they should see an exotic veterinary specialist who is equipped to offer more extensive care. We will be happy to refer you to a trusted exotic vet nearest to your location!