Amberwood Veterinary Hospital
Heart + Paw Partner
Amberwood Veterinary Hospital
Amberwood Veterinary Hospital is a Heart + Paw Partner Practice. While it may have a different look and feel, it is backed by the same incredible technology that our Heart + Paw centers use.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality veterinary services to pets in Culpeper. As your partner in pet parenthood, we are here to provide the veterinary care your dog or cat needs in a comfortable, welcoming environment. Our veterinarian and team are here to help your four-legged friend live a healthy, happy life and spend many years by your side. Give us a call to schedule your pet’s appointment today!
Low-Stress Veterinary Care in Culpeper, Virginia
Amberwood Veterinary Hospital is a full-service veterinary center serving dogs and cats in the Culpeper, VA, area. We provide wellness services in a stress-free environment. By providing the care your pet needs in one convenient location, we are equipped to help your four-legged family member live a long, healthy life.
• Routine Wellness Exams for kittens, puppies, and adult dogs/ cats
• Allergy testing
• Nail trims
• Diabetic Care
• Tick Diagnostics (Tick Blood Diseases)
• Spay, Neuter
• Limited Orthopedic Surgeries
• Soft Tissue Surgeries
• We use Home Again – Worldwide recognized microchipping system
• Core vaccinations (DHPP, Bordatella, Parvovirus)
• Rabies vaccinations (1 yr/ 3 yr)
• Optional vaccinations (Lyme, Leptospirosis)
Flea and Tick
• Flea/tick control and management
• Heartworm testing and preventive care
Animal Dental Care
• Preventive Care
• Dental Care, Cleaning + Hygiene
• Tooth Extractions + surgeries
Additional Pet Services
• In-house digital radiography
• EKG Animal Support
• In-house blood profiles including full chemistries and blood counts
• SDMA kidney evaluation test
• Detailed in-house urinalysis
• Ear cytology
• Statewide biopsy referrals
• Specialty referral services
• Cremation services are offered through Johnson and Johnson Funeral Home in Culpeper, VA.
• Vet’s First Choice-Guarantees medicine quality
Shop Amberwood Veterinary Hospital
Support your local Culpeper vet center while ordering medicine, food, and treats that your four-legged loved ones need.
Shop Pharmacy Delivery
Get select medication, dog and cat food, and more delivered to your door while supporting your local Amberwood Veterinary Hospital.
Meet Your Amberwood Veterinary Hospital Doctor
Dr. Harry Burchard
Dr. Harry Burchard has worked in the pet services industry for over 50 years, starting at Academy Animal Hospital, located in Baltimore MD. He completed his B.A. in Ancient History at Towson State University, where he realized that he wanted to pursue a long-term career in animal care. He was accepted at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in Athens, GA completing his DVM. degree in 1975.
After graduation, he moved to Salem, VA employed by Duvall Veterinary Hospital. In 1977 he began pet animal medicine under the auspices of the late Drs. V. M. Graves and Paul Magura. In January 1981, Dr. Burchard opened Amberwood Veterinary Hospital near downtown Culpeper. For the last 41 years, Amberwood has served pets and their owners from local communities of Culpeper, Rappahannock, Orange, and Fauquier, extending as far as Fredericksburg and Northern VA. Amberwood’s longstanding presence within the Piedmont Virginia region speaks to the unmatched talent, care, and compassion that Dr. Burchard and his staff consistently seek to provide to all pets and their owners.
About Our Team
Amberwood is a full-service small animal hospital. Dr. Burchard and his staff believe each animal and their families have specific individual needs that are as unique as each pet. It is their daily mission to ensure that those needs are met – for both the pet and family. Our staff consists of the following:
- Experienced Veterinarians who have met both national and state-wide standards to practice veterinary medicine through the accrediting bodies; AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) and VVMA (Virginia Veterinary Medical Association). The veterinary team has experience in a variety of areas that allow for a multi-dimensional perspective across the continuum of patient care.
- 2 Licensed Veterinary Technicians who have completed the educational, practical, and formal evaluation requirements set by the Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine. These trained individuals assist in surgery, anesthesia, radiology, IV fluid therapy and routine blood analysis.
- In addition, Amberwood’s well trained support staff include staff members of 10+ years of experience who assist Veterinarians and licensed staff with routine pet care.
Reviews for Amberwood Veterinary Hospital
Partnering with Heart + Paw
Amberwood Veterinary Hospital partnered with Heart + Paw in July 2021.