About This Position
Pet Stylist/Groomer – Full-Time/Part-Time
Animal Care Center & Pet House Suites
Heart + Paw is looking for a passionate Pet Stylist (Groomer) to be an integral part of how we are reimagining petcare for pets and their parents at our center in Warrenton, VA.
Our Pet Stylists utilize low stress handling to provide grooming services within the pet center while working in collaboration with each of the center’s services. As a member of the Heart + Paw family, you will be provided all operational necessities, a beautifully appointed work space, a sophisticated pet/client information management system, and a supportive team to let you focus on what you love - grooming.
Heart + Paw offers a competitive compensation structure, robust and attractive benefits, autonomy and support to build a client base, with flexible scheduling, and reasonable center hours.
Your Day to Day
- Provide professional pet grooming services in an open, inviting environment.
- Ability to grow your own client base in collaboration with Center Director and Partner Doctor.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly and efficient manner, develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community.
- Practice low stress handling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with contemporary cuts, coloring, and styling techniques.
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw family.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all center employees.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, retail).
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other staff, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
Benefits / Bonus
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.